Tuesday 14 April 2015

Sandra's Kimono Screen Card

Hello folks!  Here is my version of the ever popular oriental screen card. I started by accordian folding some Kraft card.  I used my Brother Scan n Cut to cut out the rectangle panels.  I used a label die to cut out the shape at the bottom of the screen and form the feet.
 I embossed some parchment with the Oriental Birdcage embossing folder from the Kimono range,  glittered some of the embossed areas and adhered to the apertures using red liner tape.
I stamped the beautiful images, from the Butterfly Silk stamp set and the Lotus Flower stamp set, onto watercolour card an painted them with my Spectrum Aqua markers.  I cut them out by hand and glued them into place.
 The Branch and blossoms were also die cut from watercolour card and painted with Spec.Aquas, then shaped and adhered into place. I took care not to place the branches across the centre folds so that the card can still accordian fold up.
I think the the deal on Create and Craft is limited stock... so head on over of you would like your very own collection.
Ciao for now! 
Sandra xx

4 comments:

Carol S. said...

Gorgeous card and love the design. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Carol S. said...

Gorgeous card and love the design. Hugs, Carol S.xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Sandra - I love the new Kimono range, and your Kimono creations are stunning! LOVE the gold embossing and the clever technique for making the legs on the Screen!
Sylvia x

Unknown said...

Your talents have no bounds <3 your blog. Yfs xx